A Big Data Engineer is a person who creates and manages a company's Big Data infrastructure and tools, and is someone that knows how to get results from vast amounts of data quickly.
The actual definition of this role varies, and often mixes with the Data Scientist role.
Big Data Engineer Resume Sample:
Average salary for a Big Data Engineer is $112 000 in United States (70k-160k):
- Big Data Engineer Junior (1-3 years experience) $101 000 (65k-140k)
- Big Data Engineer Middle (4-6 years experience) $109 000 (70k-150k)
- Big Data Engineer Senior (7-9 years experience) $114 000 (75k-155k)
- Big Data Engineer Lead (more 10 years experience) $121 000 (80k-165k)
Big Data Engineer should have:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related area;
- Data Engineering experience;
- Proficiency in Machine learning, Java, SQL, Python, C+/C++, Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, MongoDB etc.
Big Data Engineer should use for resume constcuctions "Accomplished [Х] as measured by [Y] by doing [Z]".
For example “Saved up to 40% on development time by introducing several reusable generic Talend systems."
Build resume for
Software Engineer >