A network administrator is responsible for maintaining local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), internet, intranet and network segment systems. They are responsible for installing network hardware, training users, and maintaining the network’s overall stability and security.
Network Administrator Resume Sample:
Some of their specific duties include:
> Working closely with departmental managers to determine future network needs and plan for network changes.
> Develop methods and tools to be used to implement new LAN/WAN equipment.
> Creating projects that are designed to either add functionality required by the company or address network failure issues.
> Analyzing the network structure and submitting quarterly comprehensive reports to the executive team for increasing efficiencies.
Average salary for a Network Administrator is $66 000 in United States (45k-85k):
- Network Administrator Junior (1-3 years experience) $58 000 (40k-75k)
- Network Administrator Middle (4-6 years experience) $64 000 (45k-80k)
- Network Administrator Senior (7-9 years experience) $67 000 (45k-85k)
- Network Administrator Lead (more 10 years experience) $73 000 (50k-95k)
Network Administrator should have:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Network Administration or related area;
- Network Administration experience;
- Proficiency in TCI/IP, DNS, DHCP, WAN/LAN, Windows Environment, Linux/Unix Environment, Ubuntu etc.
Network Administrator should use for resume constcuctions "Accomplished [Х] as measured by [Y] by doing [Z]"
For example “Improved network performance 16% through monitoring and app prioritization."
Build resume for