Also known as Quality Assurance Technicians or software Quality Assurance engineers, QA testers are primarily responsible for checking new software products, such as those for gaming systems or mobile applications, for defects or issues.
Average salary for a QA Tester is $58 000 in United States (35k-85k):
- QA Tester Junior (1-3 years experience) $49 000 (30k-75k)
- QA Tester Middle (4-6 years experience) $56 000 (35k-80k)
- QA Tester Senior (7-9 years experience) $61 000 (40k-90k)
- QA Tester Lead (more 10 years experience) $63 000 (40k-90k)
QA Tester should have:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Science or related area;
- QA Testing experience;
- Proficiency in Micro Focus LoadRunner, YourKit Java Profiler, JUnit, Selenium etc.
QA Tester should use for resume constcuctions "Accomplished [Х] as measured by [Y] by doing [Z]"
For example “Decreased IT workload by 15% due to improvement of QA processes."