Information security analysts install software, such as firewalls, to protect computer networks.
Information security analysts plan and carry out security measures to protect an organization's computer networks and systems.
Their responsibilities are continually expanding as the number of cyberattacks increases.
Average salary for a Information Security Analyst is $82 000 in United States (55k-155k):
- Information Security Analyst Junior (1-3 years experience) $68 000 (45k-95k)
- Information Security Analyst Middle (4-6 years experience) $80 000 (50k-110k)
- Information Security Analyst Senior (7-9 years experience) $88 000 (60k-125k)
- Information Security Analyst Lead (more 10 years experience) $92 000 (60k-130k)
Information Security Analyst should have:
- Bachelor of Science in Cyber Forensics and Information Security or related area;
- Information Security Analysis experience;
- Proficiency in Malware Analysis, Risk Analysis, Python Scripting
Intrusion Detection, Data Analytics, Programming etc.
Information Security Analyst should use for resume constcuctions "Accomplished [Х] as measured by [Y] by doing [Z]"
For example “Saved over 150 computers from destruction by identifying XXX-virus."