An IT Support Specialist oversees computer systems for businesses and offers support to the system's users. This may be internal assistance, working directly with staff who use the computer systems or it may be assisting external customers who access the systems via the Internet.
Average salary for a IT Support Specialist is $50 000 in United States (35k-65k):
- IT Support Specialist Junior (1-3 years experience) $43 000 (30k-60k)
- IT Support Specialist Middle (4-6 years experience) $48 000 (30k-65k)
- IT Support Specialist Senior (7-9 years experience) $51 000 (35k-70k)
- IT Support Specialist Lead (more 10 years experience) $54 000 (35k-70k)
IT Support Specialist should have:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related area;
- IT Support experience;
- Proficiency in Linux OS, Windows OS, Mac OS, MS Office, Software Support etc.
IT Support Specialist should use for resume constcuctions ""Accomplished [Х] as measured by [Y] by doing [Z]"
For example “Solved 95% tech support tickets without needing to escalate to tech support engineers by improving skills."