A system administrator is responsible for the configuration, upkeep and reliable operation of a company’s network and computer systems. In addition to identifying and fixing any network issues, they also make updates to the equipment and software to ensure they are current.
System Administrator Resume Sample:
Some of the specific responsibilities that system administrators may have include:
> Providing technical support for software and hardware issues that users encounter.
> Managing the configuration and operation of computer operating systems.
> Monitoring the system daily and responding immediately in the event of security or usability concerns.
> Upgrading systems and processes as necessary for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution.
> Installing and testing computer-related equipment and reviewing application logs.
> Responding to and resolve.
Average salary for a System Administrator is $69 000 in United States (45k-95k):
- System Administrator Junior (1-3 years experience) $60 000 (40k-80k)
- System Administrator Middle (4-6 years experience) $67 000 (40k-90k)
- System Administrator Senior (7-9 years experience) $72 000 (45k-95k)
- System Administrator Lead (more 10 years experience) $77 000 (50k-105k)
System Administrator should have:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Network Administration or related area;
- System Administration experience;
- Proficiency in Scripting, Access Management, Networking, Cloud Skills etc.
System Administrator should use for resume constcuctions "Accomplished [Х] as measured by [Y] by doing [Z]"
For example “Saved $40,000 a year in lost time and materials thanks to strategic hardware location and automated system monitoring."
Build resume for